General dentistry is that branch of dentistry which deals with the study, diagnosis, and management of the teeth, gums and related areas like the jaw and the oral cavity. It involves regular check up of patients with the aim to ensure that their oral hygiene is of the topmost order.
Our general dentist can offer you the counselling you need to have good oral habits – which could include regular check up to inspect the mouth for any sign of disease and suggest preventive measures.
We can help you with everything from dental examination, scaling removal of tartar and plaque, taking X-Rays of the teeth and using diagnostics to pinpointing any problem in the mouth and treating it.
Trust us at Total Dental & Denture Care to look after all your dental needs.
We Can Do:
- Tooth Extraction
- If a tooth has been broken or damaged by decay, your dentist will try to fix it with a filling, crown or other treatment. Sometimes, though, there’s too much damage for the tooth to be repaired.
- Root Canal (Dr. Lantigua performs most Root Canal Treatments)
- A treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or becomes infected. During a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and abscesses may form
- Fill Cavities
- the first step is to remove the decayed tooth material, cleans the affected area, and then fills the cleaned out cavity with a filling material. By closing off spaces where bacteria can enter, a filling also helps prevent further decay.
- Dental Filling or Bonding
- If you have chipped off just a small piece of tooth enamel, your dentist may repair the damage with a filling. If the repair is to a front tooth or can be seen when you smile, your dentist will likely use a procedure called bonding, which uses a tooth-colored composite resin.
- Dental Crowns
- A tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
- Dental Bridges
- Literally bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap.
- Protective Plastic Sealants
- Are plastic coatings that are usually placed on the chewing (occlusal) surface of the permanent back teeth — the molars and premolars — to help protect them from decay.
If you’ve a dental worry, book an appointment with us today!!